Sunday, December 29, 2013

Debbie's Year End Wrap Up to 2013

Debbie's Year End Wrap Up

Hello everyone,
Every now and then I actually write a blog entry, and here is this years.
2013 brought in a massive amount of good fortune to my life.  Besides having a record year at the Nassau County Film Office, the Long Island International Film Expo (LIIFE) was majorly successful!

The third book in my Karmic Wind Trilogy (Naked in the Rain, Sarah and Caleb and now Karmic Wind) was finally released. It has been a long time coming, and I'm so glad it's out there - http://www.debramarkowitz.com/Writings.html

2013 was also the year that I started producing films! It started with my acting as Casting Director and Producer on My Cross to Bear, which is now making its way onto the festival circuit. http://vimeo.com/75835126  It's a difficult movie about domestic/sexual abuse inspired by an individual and events that he went through. The writer/director/producer on this is the inspiring Peter Bongiorno, with Glenn Allen (Emmy award winner for visuals for Boardwalk Empire) as Executive Producer. Events after the first half of the movie were changed because the person who it is about did not want people to know who he was.  Now he's ready to come into the light, and he and I have begun writing a book about the real events.  Hopefully, that will be done in 2014.

I also became Casting Director and Producer on feature film, Living with the Dead.  I cannot wait to show you the trailer! I love it so much, and I know the movie is going to be awesome. We hope that this will be out in Fall 2014. I can't wait for the world to see it. Christine Vartoughian is an incredibly talented writer and director, and her vision is just gorgeous. https://www.facebook.com/Livingwiththedeadmovie?fref=ts 

So as if that wasn't enough, I'm also writing a screenplay for Behind the Scenes; a feature length film by Donna Sirianni.  I will be Casting and Producing this movie along with a very talented Executive Producer I can't wait to mention!!

And I'll be working with multi-award winning director/writer/producer, David Spaltro, on his newest feature and the third in his New York City Valentine series, Wake Up in New York.  I admired David's work in Things I Don't Understand which won at this year's LIIFE and at festivals all over the world. This is such an honor for me.

And because none of this was enough for my out-of-office hours, I'll soon be producing/director/casting a short film I wrote called The Last Taxi Driver. A zombie comedy about a taxi driver who refuses to give up his career even though most of the inhabitants of the world are now zombies.  I have a great cast I can't wait to tell you about!!

I was approached by another writer/director/producer that I want to work with as well - let's see how the schedule pans out.

I'm so thankful for all the opportunities I've been given.  Truly.  I can't wait to get back to book # 4, Damaged, But Not Broken, but that's probably not going to happen until 2015 - way too many movie projects.

I hope that all your wishes have come true, and if they haven't yet, they will in 2014!!  

I don't really know where I'm going with all this - but I'm just letting the universe do what it does, and so far, what a trip it's been!!

Namaste,

Debbie 

No comments:

Post a Comment